What customization choices can I make in the "General" section?
- If the "Counterpart Execution" box is checked, the POA document will include special language noting the fact that the document is being signed in counterpart.
- If the "Include Guide" box is checked, a special guide will populate at the end of the POA document that will help clients understand the purpose of each clause.
What customization choices can I make in the "Other Provisions" section?
In this section you can choose to include "No provision", "Specifically allow", or "Specifically prohibit" a clause on Gifts and Loans.
Additionally, you can choose whether or not you would like the following clauses to appear in the document by clicking or unclicking the checkbox:
- Triggered on incapacity only - This will generate a clause that says that the POA shall not be effective unless the client becomes mentally incapable of managing their property. We do not recommend allowing this clause, as banks are reluctant to rely on this and it is hard to find physicians that will sign documents to say this.
- Include contributions to RDSP - This will generate a clause that says if a child is or becomes the beneficiary of a Registered Disability Savings Plan ("RDSP"), the Attorneys can make contributions from the client's assets to the child’s RDSP.
- Desire to stay at home - This will generate a clause that instructs the Attorneys to keep the client living safely and comfortably in their own home for as long as possible.
- Allow for multiple powers of attorney - This will generate a clause that allows for multiple continuing POAs. You may want to include this clause if you have existing POAs with the bank that you do not want to revoke.
Please sign in to leave a comment.