When creating a trust gift, there are different options as to who will be the gift trustee. In some situations, clients prefer to keep it the same as the executor of the estate. In other situations, such as when the gift is a cash legacy to grandchildren, the client may want to appoint each grandchild's parent as the trustee of their trust.
When appointing the trustees for the gift, you can choose different options on the "Other" tab:
- Beneficiary's Parent (Not Related)
- Beneficiary's Parent (Related)
- My Trustees
How do I appoint a gift trustee?
- Go to the Scenarios tab and create an initial gift or residue gift
- Select Trust and uncheck the "Same as Executors" box
- Select "+Add" go to the "Other" tab and select an option from the list