What is the significance of the icon colours on the family tree?
eState Planner has coloured the icons on the family tree to help you distinguish the gender of the individual. If provided, it is best practice to indicate the gender as it will affect how the Will is worded.
- Client or family members marked as female will receive a pink background.
- Client or family members marked as male will receive a blue background.
- Client or family members with no specified gender will receive a grey background.
- Family members marked as deceased will receive a black background.
What is the significance of the colours surrounding the icons on the family tree?
When an icon is selected, a coloured ring will appear around the icon. This makes it clear which individual you are adding a relationship to.
- The client is indicated with a black ring.
- Family members are indicated with a blue ring when selected.
If an icon has either a ring surrounding it, it means they are the selected individual and any family members you add will be in relation to them. (Ex. adding a child would add the selected individual's child).
What is the significance of the icon symbols on the family tree?
Icon symbols indicate important profile characteristics of the client and family members. Located on the top corners of the individual's icon, they help to provide easier access to information that could have a significant impact on key planning considerations.
- The star indicates the individual has a special circumstance, other than a disability, such as financial management issues or estrangement.
- The red cross indicates the individual has been marked as disabled.
- The American flag indicates the individual is a US resident or has US citizenship (including dual citizenship- US and another country).
- The globe indicates the individual is a foreign resident or has foreign citizenship (other than US).